2.8 and above! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old March 7th, 2007, 08:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

2.8 and above!

Im getting a letusXL at the end of the month and planning on shooting outdoors along with a set of prime lenses (of course) i will be getting some zoom lenses that range from 2.8 to 5.6. I see every person on here shooting with the typical 50mm 1.4-1.8 prime lense but havent seen a still image or video clip of any other lenses.

I know that lense control/quality becomes abit shakey when it comes to it but many people list zooms lenses as a tool in their arsenal. I was wondering if anyone could share any outdoor experiences with these lenses any advice for future use. I really dont think I could seriously get by on a doc with a few wide prime lenses
Mack Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2007, 01:28 AM   #2
New Boot

This video was shot with the Letus35 Flip Enhanced and no lenses faster than f/2.8 It was just a test for equipment and post techniques. The lenses used were a 135mm, 28mm, and a 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 Zoom. Primes are canon and zoom is vivitar. The zoom is just fine but not super indoors. The thing that i noticed is that I can't get sharp focus at its widest.
http://www.corylange.com/sundays.htm

This entire clip was shot with the zoom indoors with a fat hot light.
(first night with the letus)
http://www.csulb.edu/~clange/Azlan.mov

hope this helps...
Cory Lange is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods