Canon vs Nikon lens at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old March 14th, 2007, 10:56 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon vs Nikon lens

I'm looking at getting the LetusHD100 for my JVC, I don't own any 35mm lenses, so before I can specify what kind of mount I want I need to decide on which typle of lenses I should use, Nikon or Canon? Also if for example I were to choose Canon, I know there are different lines of Canon lenses, for example EOS, will I be able to use EOS lenses or only a certain class of lenses, same for Nikon as well? Thanks.
Hayk Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 12:03 AM   #2
Major Player

you cant use eos.. (as long as there hasnt been a change during my 2 month absence from the forum) only fd and nikon. with the letus you get both mounts so you can invest in both lenses. i started out with fd and changed to older style nikkor lenses. I find the make is much sturdier.. the lenses are nice and heavy and just feel alot better to me.. and im a huge canon fan.. xl2 and a 30d.. also with nikkor lenses its easier to stop down the lens without having to rig them up.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods