Letus35A on the HV20 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old April 10th, 2007, 09:50 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Letus35A on the HV20

Here is my first attempt at footage with the Letus35A adapter. Bought the Handyman special, cleaned it up, but missed a couple things in my haste to beat the light. I posted this in HV20 section on a thread there, but didn't get into details of Letus application.

Here is download at Megaupload. It is a Windows media file:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4UCEHLIF

I had bought adapter rings from BH to step up to the 72mm size. You do need the achromat, but you will be able to zoom enough that you won't need a spacer or extender tube.
Old April 15th, 2007, 07:11 PM   #2
Major Player

How far is the achromat to focus screen and macro?

Chris,

Which achromat are you using and what distance do you have from focus screen to achromat and achromat to HV20 lens? It appears to me that the zoom can only go as far as a little over 1/2 zoom to maintain focus. I had to adjust the distance with various spacers using trial and error but the picture still seems fuzzy.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 01:44 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Hey Mike. Missed this post somehow.

I am using the 72mm achromat that came with the Letus35. I am using no spacers. I think the Letus achromat is very close to the Cinevate achromat because I took it the Letus one off, and did some experimenting with the Cinevate. I zoom actually less than 1/2 at max, but in that set up, and with my Nikon 50mm F1.4 lens on the front end, I seem to be able to zoom/focus well enought to get within any vignetting. That is not true of 24mm Canon I got, thought the vignetting is basically a fall off in brightness, and not a sharp demarcation.... I just got a Nikon Series E 100mm on recommendation of Steven Dempsy, and it appears I can fill the whole screen with that. Here is a megaupload file showing that. Its my mug, and thus I couldn't focus, but I was just testing it out:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GGQM8XY3

When you are zooming in, have the zoom set at low speed, so you can adjust it finely....
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:05 AM   #4
Trustee

I wouldn't mind Dennis chiming in here about the similarities or difference in the achromat.
David Delaney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods