Another 35mm adapter question (sorry) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old July 10th, 2007, 12:21 AM   #1
Tourist

Another 35mm adapter question (sorry)

Hey guys, first post here. Sorry for asking a question right away.

I'm building my own 35mm adapter and was trying to come up with a way to make sure the grounding glass is level. I was thinking of using a polarizing filter to make this work. My question is, will this work the way I hope it will, where one of the sides of the PL filter will spin, and thus anything screwed onto the end of it will also spin? Obviously I would remove the actals PL filter and just use the spining ring.

What do you guys do to make sure the GG is properly oriented?

Thanks!
Clark Cianfarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2007, 04:40 AM   #2
Inner Circle

You need three axis adjustment for your groundglass relative to the optical centre axis or relative to the face of the SLR lens mount.

You also need to build in a three axis adjustment for attachment of the camera/close-up lens to the adaptor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnweOEEqlRY

Shows in part, how I did it. Three axis for the GG is adjusted by the motor mounts. Three axis for the camera is adjusted by skewing the rear cap until accurate then drilling the screw holes.

To set it all up I used a Lemac Chart, positioned accurately on the optical centre axis and centred. It is a sort of a text pattern with a Siemens star in each corner.

Last edited by Bob Hart; July 10th, 2007 at 04:42 AM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods