Adaptor in the future question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old July 16th, 2007, 07:11 PM   #1
Major Player

Adaptor in the future question

I'm planning on buying an adaptor for my HV20 and was wondering if most of the adaptors will work on Sony's new xdcam ex, which I hope to buy in a year or so. Would some adaptor's be better than others for the xdcam?
Matt Buys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 08:48 AM   #2
Regular Crew

The ideal adapter setup for a large xdcam would include a relay lens which would replace the stock lens. Currently, only P+S Technik makes relay lenses for this purpose.
Jon Wolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 01:23 PM   #3
Inner Circle

If you could talk Quyen into making a mount for the XDCAM, his 50mm Minolta relay may work onto a 1/2" CCD. A 2/3" test I did worked, admittedly all parts offered up by hand and not properly mounted.

The caveat with this test however is that the test cam was a JVC KY-F50 head which uses an aerial image relay path to make a 1/3" CCD array behave as if it is 2/3". The groundglass area should be large enough.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 10:50 PM   #4
Major Player

Thank you for responding. I was going to pull the trigger on the brevis the moment the came out with the flip. I will wait now. Video technology is changing so rapidly it's hard to find where to put the money. Aside from lights and audio, I thought a Brevis seemed like a good bet. I'm sure it still is in many ways but I will wait and see if anybody starts making something with the XDCAM specifically in mind.
Matt Buys is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods