Custom Linux for Apertus Viewfinder Tablet System at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods > Apertus: Open Source Cinema Project
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 28th, 2010, 03:21 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Custom Linux for Apertus Viewfinder Tablet System

I am posting the following for Sean who is having trouble with his dvinfo forum account not being activated properly and therefore he still lacks the priviledge to post here:

---------------------------------

Greetings,

I have been developing an optimized kernel and working environment for use in the Apertus viewfinder.

The process involves using the linux-2.6 kernel patched for OMAP2; cross-compiling from an x86 architecture and testing on a Nokia n810 ARM1136 based BeagleBoard.

The initial outcome should result in a kernel users can deploy on their system that is synchronous to the requirements needed by ElphelVision software. Allowing minimal boot time while still including services such as touch screen, network, keyboard, etc.

The final system should be a self-sustained environment with a window manager, touch screen calibration, Java, MPlayer, GStreamer, display management, a browser, and hibernation/suspend/sleep. Everything you could hope for in a distro really..

I will be posting a step by step repeatable procedure along with the kernel itself once this has been accomplished.

Your feed back is crucial during these early phases. We aim for flexibility and would like to avoid potential future limitations. I don't know what I don't know and Sebastian has been very helpful in guiding me thus far. I would encourage any and all ideas to be discussed here.
Sebastian Pichelhofer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods > Apertus: Open Source Cinema Project