The future of this forum at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods > Apertus: Open Source Cinema Project
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 31st, 2010, 11:39 AM   #1
Regular Crew

The future of this forum

I already tried to post this thread yesterday but like a broad hint all I got was the error message in the attached screenshot... :)

To get an unbiased poll outcome I invite everyone here on the forums as well to cast their vote:

Home page | Apertus Open Source Cinema on the right side-bar

The question is if Apertus should stay here on the forum kindly hosted by DVInfo, get its own forum or if a mailing list would be better for most people.

More details on the frontpage of Home page | Apertus Open Source Cinema
Attached Thumbnails
The future of this forum-dvinfo_error.jpg  
Sebastian Pichelhofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 01:02 PM   #2
Trustee

Don't know if this helps at all but I had an error message like that when posting yesterday another forum here, so I wouldn't take anything out of that experience. My posts have been fine today and yesterday's problem seems to have been resolved.
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 02:25 PM   #3
New Boot

from one side dvinfo is a rather big public place and here are people can find many years of elphel discussion that is can be useful. but from other side dvinfo forum board itself is too limited: long and buggy registration and weeks or month of awaiting of autorisation, no user pics, no templates for pasting pictures videos or files, even no smiles. i think all depend of visiting statistics - if apertus is rather known project today, and most people who interested in cinema region are know about it, so the idea of making own forum is right idea. there is also another way - move apertus discussion to other more user friendly public place, for example to dvxuser.com
Dmytry Shijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 02:35 PM   #4
Trustee

Having had experience of other internet forums, I have to say that dvinfo is the best run of all those I have encountered. I read Chris's views on how things should be done before I joined here and fully support his standards an also the idea of trial periods. However, everyone is entitled to have their own views. By all means start your own forum and I wish you well with it should you do so. Best wishes to you whether you stay or go.
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 06:12 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Stay

Stay here. Colin's right: dvinfo is the best site. It's an easy to read one stop shop of discussion on: audio; lighting; support; camera; etc. I've never had problems with access here, though glitches can happen anywhere. If there are problems, then find the solutions. That should be relatively easy compared to designing a camera system from scratch.

I'm rooting for you.
Shem Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2010, 09:50 PM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

The forum database errors from yesterday were indeed genuine. That issue
has been fixed. Regarding the lag time to get new registrants into the forum,
all one has to do is simply send me an email saying "please approve my
account." Or Sebastian or somebody else here can send me an email
vouching for whoever the new members are who want to post here.

There are dozens, probably hundreds of relatively new forum members
here who will tell you that I approved their accounts immediately upon
receiving a simple email from them.

I would like to make it clear that nobody from Apertus ever indicated to
me that there was any kind of problem. This is the first I've heard of it.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods > Apertus: Open Source Cinema Project