View Full Version : HD-200 60fps slowmo experiments

Eric Gulbransen
August 13th, 2007, 03:34 PM
I tried an exercise last night with a recent clip that I shot at 60fps. I slowed the same clip down five different ways (from 50% to 25% to 12.5%) and thought I might share the results here with other self taught/self teaching fumblers. I learned a bit from it after manually advancing one frame at a time through each portion of the clip. Completely basic stuff here so guru's need not apply.

I know, I know, I zoomed all the way in again so now apparently Pelicans are even uglier AND they have green heads. It's a sickness I have.

http://www.gotagteam.com/WEB_PAGES/Pelican_Brief.html

Julian Maytum
August 13th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Great Stuff Eric!

I would love to see a comparison of the same footage shot at 24p and perhaps 30p too?

Julian

Eric Gulbransen
August 13th, 2007, 06:39 PM
I will do that for you next weekend Julian. Chances are I'll learn more from it than anyone ; )

Julian Maytum
August 13th, 2007, 09:48 PM
That would be great Eric! I'm getting an HD100 right away and can benefit from any slo-mo stuff you come up with :) Not that I would use it personally much in what I shoot but you can never know enough about this stuff!

Justin Ferar
August 14th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Hey Eric, was that shot at Abbot's Lagoon up here in Marin?

Eric Gulbransen
August 14th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Hey Eric, was that shot at Abbot's Lagoon up here in Marin?

Justin, this was down in Carmel at the Carmel River State Park. Real cool spot where nobody bugs you at all. I've been to Carmel a dozen times since moving to Ca. and I never found this place till Sunday? Genius...

Here's the map, and here's the spot. I'll be there this coming weekend again, only this time I'm bringing a monitor! Supposedly all this week is some classic race car festival all throughout Carmel. Too bad I've got to swing the hammer all week. Maybe they'll still be around Saturday.