HD-200 60fps slowmo experiments at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 13th, 2007, 03:34 PM   #1
Major Player

HD-200 60fps slowmo experiments

I tried an exercise last night with a recent clip that I shot at 60fps. I slowed the same clip down five different ways (from 50% to 25% to 12.5%) and thought I might share the results here with other self taught/self teaching fumblers. I learned a bit from it after manually advancing one frame at a time through each portion of the clip. Completely basic stuff here so guru's need not apply.

I know, I know, I zoomed all the way in again so now apparently Pelicans are even uglier AND they have green heads. It's a sickness I have.

http://www.gotagteam.com/WEB_PAGES/Pelican_Brief.html
Eric Gulbransen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 04:29 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Great Stuff Eric!

I would love to see a comparison of the same footage shot at 24p and perhaps 30p too?

Julian
Julian Maytum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 06:39 PM   #3
Major Player

I will do that for you next weekend Julian. Chances are I'll learn more from it than anyone ; )
Eric Gulbransen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:48 PM   #4
Regular Crew

That would be great Eric! I'm getting an HD100 right away and can benefit from any slo-mo stuff you come up with :) Not that I would use it personally much in what I shoot but you can never know enough about this stuff!
Julian Maytum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 12:49 PM   #5
Major Player

Hey Eric, was that shot at Abbot's Lagoon up here in Marin?
Justin Ferar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 03:25 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Ferar View Post
Hey Eric, was that shot at Abbot's Lagoon up here in Marin?
Justin, this was down in Carmel at the Carmel River State Park. Real cool spot where nobody bugs you at all. I've been to Carmel a dozen times since moving to Ca. and I never found this place till Sunday? Genius...

Here's the map, and here's the spot. I'll be there this coming weekend again, only this time I'm bringing a monitor! Supposedly all this week is some classic race car festival all throughout Carmel. Too bad I've got to swing the hammer all week. Maybe they'll still be around Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails
HD-200 60fps slowmo experiments-carmelriverbeachstpk.jpg   HD-200 60fps slowmo experiments-carmelriverparkstlite.jpg  

Eric Gulbransen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems