Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 14th, 2007, 01:20 AM   #1
Major Player

Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs

Gday all,

these are png's I grabbed using VLC player, I just hooked them straight off the DRDH100. All the cowboy and horse shots are DV25p PAL grabs, the lady in the 100 year old barn, the tractor, the girl jumping her horse, the sheep and inside the barn are all full HDV 25p. All shots have no CC done.
The shot in the barn with the woman is using a sfx2 tiffen filter, I use the chrosziel mattebox all the time. All outside stuff is shot with a tiffen polarizer and 0.9 ND filter, and always with the shade attached.
For those who are after the low light capability of the camera, the only light in the shearing shed was ambient, which you'll see from the grabs showing the beams, I had a daylight Vidled flood light that you'll actually see in frame on the right which I used the tripod/strap to secure it to a shovel handle.
So you'll see I have one shot with the light on and one where the batteries subsequently died towards the end of the interview (oops).
Theres a shot with her dog, one is no gain wide open, one with 6db gain..
You'll see some people were asking about using slower shutter, well the whip on fire is one shot using 25p at 1/50sec, the other is at 1/6.5sec, or whatever the slowest is. Makes for a good effect in this case, but now recommended for general use unless theres basically no movement in the shot.
You'll see with the sun peering through the farm sheds that I think it's the light reflecting on the filters? This happened a couple of times if you basically shoot straight into the sun, even with it low as it was.
Thanks to Paolo, I used True Colour, except I knocked the red back a notch from the settings he used, even though you'll see with the red shirt its still too much, also I did'nt have detail on min, I had it on -9, or whatever it is just before it hits min, I wanted to have a filmic effect but still have some of a sharpness to it as it is Hi Def.
I used the standard lens, which I always kept f2 to f4 if possible, sometime it'd have to be wide because I simply needed the light, CA is a nightmare with backlit stuff, but otherwise it performs well.
I've about 16hours of stuff to capture off tape yet, so stay tuned.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs-vlcsnap-16355.png   Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs-vlcsnap-30772.png  

Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs-vlcsnap-34178.png   Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs-vlcsnap-36407.png  

Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs-vlcsnap-41636.png   Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs-vlcsnap-49386.png  

Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs-vlcsnap-120606.png   Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs-vlcsnap-120664.png  

Adam Letch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 02:03 AM   #2
Regular Crew

This is mad cool...love the picture quality man...atleast the stills and i am sure the actual video turned out quite amazing...don't you think the very first picture is a little over-exposed?...maybe its just my eyes.....anyhow a few more payments in and I'll be getting the jvc 200 pretty soon with the 17x lens...no doubt in my mind its a bad-a$$ camera for the price
Akbar Ukani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 02:09 AM   #3
Major Player

some more grabs

I wanted this in the original body but I can't seem to add any more using reply, so if you want some explanations of shots, read the original post or maybe the mods can move these to the original post.

thanks

Adam
Attached Thumbnails
Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs-vlcsnap-28090.png   Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs-vlcsnap-40652.png  

Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs-vlcsnap-55572.png   Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs-vlcsnap-55892.png  

Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs-vlcsnap-59095.png   Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs-vlcsnap-59200.png  

Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs-vlcsnap-108767.png   Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs-vlcsnap-116380.png  

Adam Letch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007, 02:20 AM   #4
Major Player

and hopefully more grabs here

enjoy still
Attached Thumbnails
Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs-vlcsnap-116456.png   Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs-vlcsnap-123312.png  

Finally I can contribute some new Hd251 grabs-vlcsnap-122882.png  
Adam Letch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems