View Full Version : Good multi-camera editing software?

Scott Silverman
May 31st, 2003, 07:34 PM
Does anyone know some good editing software for editing multi-camera projects? I'd like to be able to see all my video sources (3 cameras or so) and choose which one I want. I have Premiere 6.0 and it doesn't seem to be able to do this. Complexity is not a problem for me as I learn pretty fast. Price isn't really an that much of a concern. Thanks!

Edward Troxel
May 31st, 2003, 08:13 PM
There is a separate program that works with Premiere called Multi-Cam (or something like that). I believe it works with 2 or 4 cameras (2 separate prices as well)

When working with Vegas, there is an add-on that works directly with the Vegas timeline called Excalibur http://www.vegastrainingandtools.com

Alex Knappenberger
May 31st, 2003, 08:30 PM
Wow, good work Edward. I watched the video explaining what Excalibur does, it fixed all the small things that I don't like about Vegas. I think it's worth much more then the $36 that is asked for it. Got to get myself a copy.

Edward Troxel
May 31st, 2003, 10:23 PM
Thanks, Alex. I think it turned out well. Working on an update that fixes a couple of small issues and adds a few more features. Look for the update to be released soon.

James Emory
June 1st, 2003, 01:28 PM
The software I believe you are looking for is made by United Media. It can scrub up to four sources at one time in real time!

www.unitedmediainc.com