Good multi-camera editing software? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old May 31st, 2003, 07:34 PM   #1
Major Player

Good multi-camera editing software?

Does anyone know some good editing software for editing multi-camera projects? I'd like to be able to see all my video sources (3 cameras or so) and choose which one I want. I have Premiere 6.0 and it doesn't seem to be able to do this. Complexity is not a problem for me as I learn pretty fast. Price isn't really an that much of a concern. Thanks!
Scott Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2003, 08:13 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

There is a separate program that works with Premiere called Multi-Cam (or something like that). I believe it works with 2 or 4 cameras (2 separate prices as well)

When working with Vegas, there is an add-on that works directly with the Vegas timeline called Excalibur http://www.vegastrainingandtools.com
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2003, 08:30 PM   #3
High School Student

Wow, good work Edward. I watched the video explaining what Excalibur does, it fixed all the small things that I don't like about Vegas. I think it's worth much more then the $36 that is asked for it. Got to get myself a copy.
Alex Knappenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2003, 10:23 PM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

Thanks, Alex. I think it turned out well. Working on an update that fixes a couple of small issues and adds a few more features. Look for the update to be released soon.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2003, 01:28 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Mult-cam software

The software I believe you are looking for is made by United Media. It can scrub up to four sources at one time in real time!

www.unitedmediainc.com
James Emory is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC