View Full Version : capture quality...

Vincent Croce
October 1st, 2007, 10:28 AM
This is probably a pretty basic question but while working on footage from a recent wedding I've captured I seem to have a major problem with the footage any time the camera is moving--the faster the movement, the worse the horizontal jaggedness. Is this an interlacing problem? I've seen this before a just a couple of times with one or two points in other footage over the last couple of years but this time it is much more prevalent. I'd hate to have to recapture all 7 weddings I'm currently editing @ 10+ hours each, but will if I have to. It exists on all of them and I didn't see it happening like this before.
Is this a problem with my captures (wondering if the heads are going on my JVC capture deck) or possibly related to Vegas 8? I don't think it's related but I also just replaced a dead motherboard and Opteron with an Asus P5K (p35 chipset) and Q6600.
Any help would be appreciated.
Vin

I just looked at some previous captures that I hadn't had any problems with before and I have the same problem, so I guess that would rule out the bad capture as the cause...

John Miller
October 1st, 2007, 12:39 PM
Certainly sounds like interlacing. It may look more prevalent than before if Vegas' preview window is more "honest" and not deinterlacing it.

Seth Bloombaum
October 2nd, 2007, 11:44 AM
Certainly sounds like interlacing...
Yeah, you'll want to confirm that project properties are matching the media properties and look at your preview settings as well.