capture quality... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 1st, 2007, 10:28 AM   #1
Major Player

capture quality...

This is probably a pretty basic question but while working on footage from a recent wedding I've captured I seem to have a major problem with the footage any time the camera is moving--the faster the movement, the worse the horizontal jaggedness. Is this an interlacing problem? I've seen this before a just a couple of times with one or two points in other footage over the last couple of years but this time it is much more prevalent. I'd hate to have to recapture all 7 weddings I'm currently editing @ 10+ hours each, but will if I have to. It exists on all of them and I didn't see it happening like this before.
Is this a problem with my captures (wondering if the heads are going on my JVC capture deck) or possibly related to Vegas 8? I don't think it's related but I also just replaced a dead motherboard and Opteron with an Asus P5K (p35 chipset) and Q6600.
Any help would be appreciated.
Vin

I just looked at some previous captures that I hadn't had any problems with before and I have the same problem, so I guess that would rule out the bad capture as the cause...

Last edited by Vincent Croce; October 1st, 2007 at 10:42 AM. Reason: more info...
Vincent Croce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 12:39 PM   #2
Major Player

Certainly sounds like interlacing. It may look more prevalent than before if Vegas' preview window is more "honest" and not deinterlacing it.
John Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 11:44 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F Miller View Post
Certainly sounds like interlacing...
Yeah, you'll want to confirm that project properties are matching the media properties and look at your preview settings as well.
Seth Bloombaum is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...