View Full Version : audio input, and edges problem?

Greg Filipkowski
June 16th, 2003, 08:32 AM
I have a boom mike, I'm going xlr mono because it one mic, is there any settings to make that mono in two channels,L/R, or do I have to buy the splitter from one xlr in to two?

Another problem was When I filmmed shinny cars driving slowly in the street and the light moves on the shinny parts the video look jagged in thos spots, shot 30p 60i? the car moving 5 mph

Stephen van Vuuren
June 16th, 2003, 10:28 AM
I think you need a splitter, but I'd have to check my manual. You might want to consider a small portable mixer (I use a Samson Mixpad 4, runs on batteries, can carry it on my shoulder if needed) that way it will split to two channels so I can record one channel normal db, another -10db so I can use it if clipping occurs on the main track.

Per jaggies in highlights. If you are using the cine-gamma setting, it provides no headroom in highlights. Overexposing any part of the frame will result in artifacts. You might was to consider a polarizer filter or set you zebra's lower to avoid hot spots. A diffusion filter can some times work, but that softens the whole image.

James Gleason
June 17th, 2003, 05:25 PM
This one's easy. Just assign both audio channels to channel two. Then connect your XLR to channel two. The controls are behind the LCD.