audio input, and edges problem? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old June 16th, 2003, 08:32 AM   #1
New Boot

audio input, and edges problem?

I have a boom mike, I'm going xlr mono because it one mic, is there any settings to make that mono in two channels,L/R, or do I have to buy the splitter from one xlr in to two?

Another problem was When I filmmed shinny cars driving slowly in the street and the light moves on the shinny parts the video look jagged in thos spots, shot 30p 60i? the car moving 5 mph
Old June 16th, 2003, 10:28 AM   #2
Space Hipster

I think you need a splitter, but I'd have to check my manual. You might want to consider a small portable mixer (I use a Samson Mixpad 4, runs on batteries, can carry it on my shoulder if needed) that way it will split to two channels so I can record one channel normal db, another -10db so I can use it if clipping occurs on the main track.

Per jaggies in highlights. If you are using the cine-gamma setting, it provides no headroom in highlights. Overexposing any part of the frame will result in artifacts. You might was to consider a polarizer filter or set you zebra's lower to avoid hot spots. A diffusion filter can some times work, but that softens the whole image.
Old June 17th, 2003, 05:25 PM   #3
Regular Crew

This one's easy. Just assign both audio channels to channel two. Then connect your XLR to channel two. The controls are behind the LCD.
James Gleason is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant