View Full Version : Anton Bauer ProPac 14 Won't Display Time Remaining

Taylor Brush
March 20th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I have the ProPac 14 battery and it won't display "time remaining" in the display when I change the option to that. It only shows the voltage. This battery was purchased around 1994 (bought them used), although they have not been used much and have been taken EXTREMELY good care of. Honestly, I get over 3 hours of operation...

But, since they are older, does the older chip not communicate with the cam like a newer battery would, or is there something else I am not doing...

I'd appreciate any suggestions. It's not a make or break option, since the voltage meter seems to work pretty well, but I am curious...

Thanks,

Taylor

Randy Johnson
March 20th, 2008, 08:23 PM
No the older Anton/Bauers will not give you "time" only voltage also I found if you have anything between the battery and the camera ie I wireless that runs off the battery it also wont give you "time".

Eric Darling
March 23rd, 2008, 11:41 AM
In order to communicate remaining capacity to a connected camera, Anton Bauer batteries need to have the "Digital" in their name - essentially, if your battery doesn't have an LCD meter on it, it's not a Digital version.