View Full Version : Why is it a bit "red" after outputting to a DVD

David Chia
March 26th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Hi all,

I realized that the clip that I see in FCP is not that same as the clip that i see in the final SD DVD made from DVD SP 4.

I am using a canon XHA1 to record my clips. the clips are in HDV (mpeg). They are then edited in FCP 5 and later compression to SD 10bit with compressor.

I load them up to DVD Studio Pro 4 and make a SD DVD . Somehow when I look at the SD DVD on a normal TV. every thing looks a bit soft and the face of all my actors are alittle red in colour.

Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Thank you in advance

Aric Mannion
March 26th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Hi all,

I realized that the clip that I see in FCP is not that same as the clip that i see in the final SD DVD made from DVD SP 4.

I am using a canon XHA1 to record my clips. the clips are in HDV (mpeg). They are then edited in FCP 5 and later compression to SD 10bit with compressor.

I load them up to DVD Studio Pro 4 and make a SD DVD . Somehow when I look at the SD DVD on a normal TV. every thing looks a bit soft and the face of all my actors are alittle red in colour.

Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Thank you in advance

There are a lot of picture settings on your tv that could be a factor. Tint and sharpness for example. Does it look red on your computer?
Also check your video export from fcp and compressor see where the problem starts exactly.