Why is it a bit "red" after outputting to a DVD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old March 26th, 2008, 06:09 AM   #1
Major Player

Why is it a bit "red" after outputting to a DVD

Hi all,

I realized that the clip that I see in FCP is not that same as the clip that i see in the final SD DVD made from DVD SP 4.

I am using a canon XHA1 to record my clips. the clips are in HDV (mpeg). They are then edited in FCP 5 and later compression to SD 10bit with compressor.

I load them up to DVD Studio Pro 4 and make a SD DVD . Somehow when I look at the SD DVD on a normal TV. every thing looks a bit soft and the face of all my actors are alittle red in colour.

Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Thank you in advance
Old March 26th, 2008, 08:58 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Chia View Post
Hi all,

I realized that the clip that I see in FCP is not that same as the clip that i see in the final SD DVD made from DVD SP 4.

I am using a canon XHA1 to record my clips. the clips are in HDV (mpeg). They are then edited in FCP 5 and later compression to SD 10bit with compressor.

I load them up to DVD Studio Pro 4 and make a SD DVD . Somehow when I look at the SD DVD on a normal TV. every thing looks a bit soft and the face of all my actors are alittle red in colour.

Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Thank you in advance
There are a lot of picture settings on your tv that could be a factor. Tint and sharpness for example. Does it look red on your computer?
Also check your video export from fcp and compressor see where the problem starts exactly.
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring