View Full Version : 'Corduroy' issue in over exposed areas ?

Mat Thompson
May 3rd, 2008, 05:40 AM
Hi there guys.

Well more experimental stuff with the new 110 and issues to get advice/thoughts on. I have hooked the camera up to a 40inch bravia and wow you really see everything about the image.

I can see for instance how the standard lens seems to soften out at the edges (left/right) over about 60mm. (hd only) This I was prepared for.

I can also see how areas of higher exposure that finish in a straight edge seem to effect the definition slightly of the pixels next to them. (How much of this is the TV I'm not sure.)

However one thing I have a bit of an issue about is that in areas of higher exposure mainly on yellow I get a vertical corduroy in the image (best desciption I can come up with really). Now I'm not by any means talking blown out here, even if I let the camera expose it can be visable !?? -

Anyone...any advice on this issue?

Cheers
Mat

Liam Hall
May 4th, 2008, 03:13 AM
"Corduroy"? Well, that's a new one on me, I've never heard a camera/optical fault described like a pair of slacks.

I'll take a wild guess that it's chromatic aberration. Can you post a still? We could nail it then...

Mat Thompson
May 4th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Hi Liam

Thanks for your post. I have since found out that one of the component cables was faulty/broken inside and causing the issue. With different leads its now gone thank goodness :-) As you can imagine the overall picture is also much improved!

Cheers
though and it really did look like corduroy!