'Corduroy' issue in over exposed areas ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 3rd, 2008, 05:40 AM   #1
Trustee

'Corduroy' issue in over exposed areas ?

Hi there guys.

Well more experimental stuff with the new 110 and issues to get advice/thoughts on. I have hooked the camera up to a 40inch bravia and wow you really see everything about the image.

I can see for instance how the standard lens seems to soften out at the edges (left/right) over about 60mm. (hd only) This I was prepared for.

I can also see how areas of higher exposure that finish in a straight edge seem to effect the definition slightly of the pixels next to them. (How much of this is the TV I'm not sure.)

However one thing I have a bit of an issue about is that in areas of higher exposure mainly on yellow I get a vertical corduroy in the image (best desciption I can come up with really). Now I'm not by any means talking blown out here, even if I let the camera expose it can be visable !?? -

Anyone...any advice on this issue?

Cheers
Mat
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 03:13 AM   #2
Major Player

"Corduroy"? Well, that's a new one on me, I've never heard a camera/optical fault described like a pair of slacks.

I'll take a wild guess that it's chromatic aberration. Can you post a still? We could nail it then...
Old May 4th, 2008, 10:31 AM   #3
Trustee

Hi Liam

Thanks for your post. I have since found out that one of the component cables was faulty/broken inside and causing the issue. With different leads its now gone thank goodness :-) As you can imagine the overall picture is also much improved!

Cheers
though and it really did look like corduroy!
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems