View Full Version : Motion Template problem in FCP

David Decker
September 12th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Hello,

I have been creating some title templates in motion, saving them as Templates, and then pulling them in from the pop up menu in FCP 6 and they look great in the viewer, and in the timeline unrendered.

Problem: When I render, the duration (timing of a fade) of one of the elements changes which will not work. I have been back and forth between Motion and FCP numerous times, creating "copies" of the Motion file and tweaking small elements to create a different file. Each time, this particular title reverts back to the unspecified timing. Seems like it is referencing some other parameter - and not that which is specified in the particular file (believe me, I have checked).

Any suggestions? I would rather not have to recreate this title file, and of course I am on a deadline!

Thanks,

Dave

David Decker
September 12th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Update - still fighting with this -

I am creating Motion files in the Broadcast HD 720 format 1280 x 720 (which is 29.97 frame rate), and am working in Apple ProRes 422 1280 x 720 (which is 59.97) frame rate - could this have anything to do with it?

I am rendering the Master Templates and Motion Projects to "Best"

David Decker
September 12th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Hate to answer my own question - and admit to being on the FCS learning curve - but the answer was in the frame rate of the Broadcast HD 720 codec in Motion (29.97 frame rate), and the FCP Apple ProRes 422 HD (also 1280 x 720) with a frame rate of 59.94 -

The graphic was a subtle title screen, but the text was on the screen for about "half" the amount of time it was supposed to be.

Hope this helps someone out in the future.