Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 12th, 2008, 04:15 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Motion Template problem in FCP

Hello,

I have been creating some title templates in motion, saving them as Templates, and then pulling them in from the pop up menu in FCP 6 and they look great in the viewer, and in the timeline unrendered.

Problem: When I render, the duration (timing of a fade) of one of the elements changes which will not work. I have been back and forth between Motion and FCP numerous times, creating "copies" of the Motion file and tweaking small elements to create a different file. Each time, this particular title reverts back to the unspecified timing. Seems like it is referencing some other parameter - and not that which is specified in the particular file (believe me, I have checked).

Any suggestions? I would rather not have to recreate this title file, and of course I am on a deadline!

Thanks,

Dave
David Decker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 07:16 PM   #2
Regular Crew

update - not resolved

Update - still fighting with this -

I am creating Motion files in the Broadcast HD 720 format 1280 x 720 (which is 29.97 frame rate), and am working in Apple ProRes 422 1280 x 720 (which is 59.97) frame rate - could this have anything to do with it?

I am rendering the Master Templates and Motion Projects to "Best"
David Decker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 08:20 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Resolved

Hate to answer my own question - and admit to being on the FCS learning curve - but the answer was in the frame rate of the Broadcast HD 720 codec in Motion (29.97 frame rate), and the FCP Apple ProRes 422 HD (also 1280 x 720) with a frame rate of 59.94 -

The graphic was a subtle title screen, but the text was on the screen for about "half" the amount of time it was supposed to be.

Hope this helps someone out in the future.
David Decker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite