View Full Version : P2 Transfer speed ? how to speed it up

Alaa Ghuniem
October 15th, 2008, 02:20 AM
I have complete shooting and my P2 64 Gb is full now I need to transfer it my question is what is the fastest way to transfer it to my PC to edit it :
1- By FireWire "I did not try my Camera FireWire if we can transfer the file from it My camera is HPX-2100"
2- By PCMCIA ( or using the adapter to Express card but it connect to PC or MAC by USB cable so the Max transfer rate is 240MB/Sec) is it faster ??!!
3- By Panasonic Drive also it is connect to PC by USB
I don't how to transfer the file to my PC in fastest ,also I have another problem Panasonic C M it can make ingest to P2 file to my PC but My PC has vista and this program doesn't support VISTA I contacted Panasonic about it but no answer until now .
64 Gb need 62 minutes I was using USB cable from Camera to PC , I disappointed coz the Tape is same I thought it will speed up my job

BR
Alaa

Dan Brockett
October 15th, 2008, 07:43 AM
I have complete shooting and my P2 64 Gb is full now I need to transfer it my question is what is the fastest way to transfer it to my PC to edit it :
1- By FireWire "I did not try my Camera FireWire if we can transfer the file from it My camera is HPX-2100"
2- By PCMCIA ( or using the adapter to Express card but it connect to PC or MAC by USB cable so the Max transfer rate is 240MB/Sec) is it faster ??!!
3- By Panasonic Drive also it is connect to PC by USB
I don't how to transfer the file to my PC in fastest ,also I have another problem Panasonic C M it can make ingest to P2 file to my PC but My PC has vista and this program doesn't support VISTA I contacted Panasonic about it but no answer until now .
64 Gb need 62 minutes I was using USB cable from Camera to PC , I disappointed coz the Tape is same I thought it will speed up my job

BR
Alaa

Not sure if PCs have this option but on the Mac, the Dual Adapter transfers the 16GB cards in less than 8 minutes so I would extrapolate that to about 32 minutes to offload a 64GB card.

The Express adapter is MUCH faster than any other method. Using the camera is achingly slow.

Dan

Alaa Ghuniem
October 15th, 2008, 07:50 AM
thank you for your help
I will check today and tel lyou the result on the PC
thank you

TingSern Wong
October 15th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Using my IBM (Lenovo) Thinkpad T60 - that comes with a PC-CARD slot (faster version of the PCMCIA slot) - I can transfer a fully recorded 16GB P2 card in about 6 - 7 minutes. About the same speed as the Dual Adapter on the Mac.