P2 Transfer speed ? how to speed it up at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old October 15th, 2008, 02:20 AM   #1
New Boot

P2 Transfer speed ? how to speed it up

I have complete shooting and my P2 64 Gb is full now I need to transfer it my question is what is the fastest way to transfer it to my PC to edit it :
1- By FireWire "I did not try my Camera FireWire if we can transfer the file from it My camera is HPX-2100"
2- By PCMCIA ( or using the adapter to Express card but it connect to PC or MAC by USB cable so the Max transfer rate is 240MB/Sec) is it faster ??!!
3- By Panasonic Drive also it is connect to PC by USB
I don't how to transfer the file to my PC in fastest ,also I have another problem Panasonic C M it can make ingest to P2 file to my PC but My PC has vista and this program doesn't support VISTA I contacted Panasonic about it but no answer until now .
64 Gb need 62 minutes I was using USB cable from Camera to PC , I disappointed coz the Tape is same I thought it will speed up my job

BR
Alaa
Alaa Ghuniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 07:43 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaa Ghuniem View Post
I have complete shooting and my P2 64 Gb is full now I need to transfer it my question is what is the fastest way to transfer it to my PC to edit it :
1- By FireWire "I did not try my Camera FireWire if we can transfer the file from it My camera is HPX-2100"
2- By PCMCIA ( or using the adapter to Express card but it connect to PC or MAC by USB cable so the Max transfer rate is 240MB/Sec) is it faster ??!!
3- By Panasonic Drive also it is connect to PC by USB
I don't how to transfer the file to my PC in fastest ,also I have another problem Panasonic C M it can make ingest to P2 file to my PC but My PC has vista and this program doesn't support VISTA I contacted Panasonic about it but no answer until now .
64 Gb need 62 minutes I was using USB cable from Camera to PC , I disappointed coz the Tape is same I thought it will speed up my job

BR
Alaa
Not sure if PCs have this option but on the Mac, the Dual Adapter transfers the 16GB cards in less than 8 minutes so I would extrapolate that to about 32 minutes to offload a 64GB card.

The Express adapter is MUCH faster than any other method. Using the camera is achingly slow.

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 07:50 AM   #3
New Boot

thank you for your response

thank you for your help
I will check today and tel lyou the result on the PC
thank you
Alaa Ghuniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 10:05 AM   #4
Major Player

Using my IBM (Lenovo) Thinkpad T60 - that comes with a PC-CARD slot (faster version of the PCMCIA slot) - I can transfer a fully recorded 16GB P2 card in about 6 - 7 minutes. About the same speed as the Dual Adapter on the Mac.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders