View Full Version : Combined video-/data DVD possible

Ulli Grunow
October 21st, 2008, 07:39 AM
Hi there,
I have a question about DVD production
I am busy with a promotional video production. When the video is ready it should be distributed by DVD disks, but my customer would like to include a computer program, on the same disk, so that the customer can use the DVD disk in his computer also and use the PC-program being present on the same DVD.

So, what is the question is, whether I can make a Video DVD compliant disk, which plays on any DVD video player and at the same time will store some PC-program using the remaining space on the DVD-video space? Can the DVD video player /PC computer distinguish the data area from the DVD-video area, if I would simply add the PC data to the DVD video file structure ?!
- Anyone know a PC-based DVD burning software which can do such mixed Video/Data job on a single DVD disk?
- What do I really need to do, to burn such a combined Video/Data DVD ?

Is there anybody, who has made such disks before? How ?

By the way:
This DVD is intended to be replicated with a glass master to print about 3000-4000 pcs...

Thanks for information on this subject.

Ulli

Herman Van Deventer
October 21st, 2008, 08:36 AM
Ulli -

I have used DVD workshop - Ulead - with sucsess - On finalising your project under advance settings - it will give you the option to include a extra folder to your disc.

This folder will host your piece of software although the user will have to access the dvd
manually - no navigation control.

Giroud Francois
October 21st, 2008, 02:45 PM
you just need to creat the DVD on an hard disk with the video_ts folder, then add the folder with the data and burn all as a video DVD (with nero for example).
putting an autorun in the root of the disk will lauch something for PC so the user does not need to navigate to some file manually.