Combined video-/data DVD possible at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 21st, 2008, 07:39 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Combined video-/data DVD possible

Hi there,
I have a question about DVD production
I am busy with a promotional video production. When the video is ready it should be distributed by DVD disks, but my customer would like to include a computer program, on the same disk, so that the customer can use the DVD disk in his computer also and use the PC-program being present on the same DVD.

So, what is the question is, whether I can make a Video DVD compliant disk, which plays on any DVD video player and at the same time will store some PC-program using the remaining space on the DVD-video space? Can the DVD video player /PC computer distinguish the data area from the DVD-video area, if I would simply add the PC data to the DVD video file structure ?!
- Anyone know a PC-based DVD burning software which can do such mixed Video/Data job on a single DVD disk?
- What do I really need to do, to burn such a combined Video/Data DVD ?

Is there anybody, who has made such disks before? How ?

By the way:
This DVD is intended to be replicated with a glass master to print about 3000-4000 pcs...

Thanks for information on this subject.

Ulli
Ulli Grunow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 08:36 AM   #2
Major Player

Ulli -

I have used DVD workshop - Ulead - with sucsess - On finalising your project under advance settings - it will give you the option to include a extra folder to your disc.

This folder will host your piece of software although the user will have to access the dvd
manually - no navigation control.
Herman Van Deventer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 02:45 PM   #3
Inner Circle

you just need to creat the DVD on an hard disk with the video_ts folder, then add the folder with the data and burn all as a video DVD (with nero for example).
putting an autorun in the root of the disk will lauch something for PC so the user does not need to navigate to some file manually.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring