View Full Version : Modified the Steadicam Pilot vest from velcro straps to buckles

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Cuong Dinh
April 28th, 2010, 02:19 PM
I already bought the buckle kit upgrade to my Pilot vest, it's be OK better than the old one. Here some picture I took it from Steadicam boot at NAB2010. Hope the pictures can help you guy.

Joe Lawry
April 28th, 2010, 02:47 PM
thanks Guys, I was at the stand for most of NAB but for some reason forgot to look at the setup.

It looks a lot like mine has ended up, I have however managed to use all the straps supplied.. and it amazingly works.

Im very tempted to get the scissors out and cut some of the straps down to size..

I emailed Michael.. no response like my last email.. i think there might be a spam filter somewhere playing its part. Going to try from a different address.

Christian Jolly
April 28th, 2010, 09:16 PM
If you send me your e-mail address, I'll forward you the e-mail Michael sent to me about setup for the buckle kit.

Cuong Dinh
April 29th, 2010, 07:26 AM
If you send me your e-mail address, I'll forward you the e-mail Michael sent to me about setup for the buckle kit.

Please send to me too. My email info@cuongdinhvideo.com

Thanks.

Barry Rivadue
April 29th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Same here; my e-mail is WG25@aol.com.

Thanks!

P.S. how and where do I order this buckle upgrade; it's rather elusive finding it.

Joe Lawry
May 5th, 2010, 03:26 AM
Thanks for sending through that email Christian,

Have the vest working nicely now.. although i've found the shoulder buckle isnt strong enough to keep the vest on from time to time.. maybe its just how i wear my vest.

I've gone back to the old shoulder straps for the time being and they work sweet.

Buckles on waist and chest, velcro on shoulders.

Barry Rivadue
May 12th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Haven't gotten the e-mail reply!!???

Joe Lawry
May 12th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Contact Mike,

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/stabilizers-steadicam-etc/136579-modified-steadicam-pilot-vest-velcro-straps-buckles-6.html#post1473970

Barry Rivadue
May 14th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks.

:D

Tom Wills
June 9th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I just got my buckles in (finally, had to wait until I had enough time to order them, enough money, and a job coming up to justify them!), and they are sweet. Took me a little while to get them set, but the vest feels much better now - being able to snap something tight means that it can be under a little tension. That bit of tension can snug up the vest even better than the Velcro could, making it much stiffer, and much easier on your body. At least that's my initial impression. Plus, not having to deal with Velcro coming loose, or making weird sounds during a take is a huge plus.

I found the same issue with the shoulder buckle though - it wouldn't stay on with just the Velcro holding it in place. I think Steadicam needs to fix that, but in my case, a few feet of 1" gaff tape made it tight as I'd ever need it to be.

Also, for anyone who has the old Velcro, buy the upgrade now! It was incredibly easy, and as of now, the upgrade only costs $50 plus shipping. It's a great deal, for a big upgrade to your vest.