View Full Version : Turning off all display on the EX3

Ofer Levy
November 1st, 2008, 04:26 PM
Hi all,
I am trying to use the Flash XDR with the EX3. It records everything that shows on the screen including all the display. I can turn off everything but the STBY/REC display. The only way I can get rid of the STBY/REC is to take out the sxs card. Since I would like to be able to record to both - sxs card and Flash XDR I need to have all the display turned off - does anyone can tell me how to do this?

Thanks!

Ofer Levy Nature Photographer (http://www.oferlevyphotography.com)

Jay Gladwell
November 1st, 2008, 06:29 PM
That's very odd. Makes you wonder what the source for XDR really is. Surely they saw this when they were testing the device!

I'm not aware of any other means by which to turn off the STBY/REC. I don't know that it can be done.

Barry J. Anwender
November 1st, 2008, 10:38 PM
I also use the EX3 HD-SDI port into my MacPro via a Multibridge Extreme. I cannot image the EX1 or EX3 HD-SDI output port behaving any differently with the Flash-XDR.

All you have to do is set the "YPbPr/SDI Out Display" to "Off" in the Video SET Menu. This will accomplish what you want while still displaying the Menu and Status info in the view finder. If all else fails, "RTM." Cheers!

Craig Seeman
November 2nd, 2008, 11:20 AM
Barry points to the answer.

As a professional camera it'll give you the choice to use the HD-SDI as either video out for capture or for monitor feed use. You'd find this on any professional camera.

Phil Bloom
November 2nd, 2008, 01:28 PM
Barry points to the answer.

As a professional camera it'll give you the choice to use the HD-SDI as either video out for capture or for monitor feed use. You'd find this on any professional camera.

beat me to it

Ofer Levy
November 3rd, 2008, 06:32 AM
Thanks guys - it worked ! (-: