Turning off all display on the EX3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 1st, 2008, 04:26 PM   #1
Major Player

Turning off all display on the EX3

Hi all,
I am trying to use the Flash XDR with the EX3. It records everything that shows on the screen including all the display. I can turn off everything but the STBY/REC display. The only way I can get rid of the STBY/REC is to take out the sxs card. Since I would like to be able to record to both - sxs card and Flash XDR I need to have all the display turned off - does anyone can tell me how to do this?

Thanks!

Ofer Levy Nature Photographer
Ofer Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2008, 06:29 PM   #2

That's very odd. Makes you wonder what the source for XDR really is. Surely they saw this when they were testing the device!

I'm not aware of any other means by which to turn off the STBY/REC. I don't know that it can be done.
Jay Gladwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2008, 10:38 PM   #3
Major Player

Video SET Menu - Page 120 EX3 Manual

I also use the EX3 HD-SDI port into my MacPro via a Multibridge Extreme. I cannot image the EX1 or EX3 HD-SDI output port behaving any differently with the Flash-XDR.

All you have to do is set the "YPbPr/SDI Out Display" to "Off" in the Video SET Menu. This will accomplish what you want while still displaying the Menu and Status info in the view finder. If all else fails, "RTM." Cheers!
Barry J. Anwender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2008, 11:20 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Barry points to the answer.

As a professional camera it'll give you the choice to use the HD-SDI as either video out for capture or for monitor feed use. You'd find this on any professional camera.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2008, 01:28 PM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Seeman View Post
Barry points to the answer.

As a professional camera it'll give you the choice to use the HD-SDI as either video out for capture or for monitor feed use. You'd find this on any professional camera.
beat me to it
Old November 3rd, 2008, 06:32 AM   #6
Major Player

Thanks guys - it worked ! (-:
Ofer Levy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds