View Full Version : Grazie's XM2 in Dock! . . . and out again . . .

Graham Bernard
December 9th, 2003, 10:34 AM
Okay, I've been keeping a low profile of late. I've been reading here of the repairs our "collective" XM2/GL2s going in and out of the Canon Garage of late.

. . . here's my "Christmas Carol" . . . .

Mine went in on the 7th Nov. I collected it today - 9th December. All under warranty.

Symptoms:

1 - Pixels on Play Back. When same tape was put into a Pannie Deck AND a Sony deck , no pixels.

2 - OIS not good. Checked with brand new XM2 in Shop, Salesman agreed that even the new one wasn't operating well!

3 - Zoom Toggle on Lid. This was reported too.

Canon Report:

Stripped down camera, located fault to, and replaced deck assy and eyecup [ I'd removed my one when I sent it in! ]. Checked Auto Focus. Checked all functions and tested.

Timescale:

IN: 7th November
Delivered & Collected: 9th December

Parts Replaced:

DY1-8264-000
DA2-1959-000

++++++++++++++++++

Do the part numbers mean anything to anyone?

Apart from being glad I've got my Cammie back, does anybody know know what IS the deck assy mean - I'm presuming it means the Deck Assembly. If this is the case it would appear that this "deck" is prone to something. What that IS I haven't got a clue.

. . . back in business . . but for how long - yeah?

Grazie

Alan McCormick
December 9th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Glad you are back on track Grazie!

Hope all is well with your re-vamped Cam, no idea about the part numbers by the way.

Let me know if you have any more comments on those Presets and the W/B settings we discussed by phone/email.

Graham Bernard
December 9th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Hiyah Al!

Oh yes!! - Forgot 'bout that one . . . . I've just been playing around getting the new pc to handle the XM2 on capture thru' Vegas . . works like a dreeeam.

Grazie

Colin Sze
December 10th, 2003, 11:19 AM
Congratulations, Grazie.
So everything is back in shape!
Have you been able to work out with dv.com to locate the threads you posted around?

Graham Bernard
December 10th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Hiyah Colin! Quick answer . . NO! - Have searched hereabouts . . nothing . . thanks for your concern.

Grazie

Will Fastie
December 11th, 2003, 09:41 AM
Grazie:

Was your XM2 under the original Canon warranty or was the repair completed under an extended warranty?

I neglected to mention that Mack sent my GL2 to Canon for the repair. I'll have to update that thread.

Will

Graham Bernard
December 11th, 2003, 09:46 AM
Hah! 3 weeks left on Canon Warranty! - Phhhew . .

Grazie