Grazie's XM2 in Dock! . . . and out again . . . at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old December 9th, 2003, 10:34 AM   #1
Old Boot

Grazie's XM2 in Dock! . . . and out again . . .

Okay, I've been keeping a low profile of late. I've been reading here of the repairs our "collective" XM2/GL2s going in and out of the Canon Garage of late.

. . . here's my "Christmas Carol" . . . .

Mine went in on the 7th Nov. I collected it today - 9th December. All under warranty.

Symptoms:

1 - Pixels on Play Back. When same tape was put into a Pannie Deck AND a Sony deck , no pixels.

2 - OIS not good. Checked with brand new XM2 in Shop, Salesman agreed that even the new one wasn't operating well!

3 - Zoom Toggle on Lid. This was reported too.

Canon Report:

Stripped down camera, located fault to, and replaced deck assy and eyecup [ I'd removed my one when I sent it in! ]. Checked Auto Focus. Checked all functions and tested.

Timescale:

IN: 7th November
Delivered & Collected: 9th December

Parts Replaced:

DY1-8264-000
DA2-1959-000

++++++++++++++++++

Do the part numbers mean anything to anyone?

Apart from being glad I've got my Cammie back, does anybody know know what IS the deck assy mean - I'm presuming it means the Deck Assembly. If this is the case it would appear that this "deck" is prone to something. What that IS I haven't got a clue.

. . . back in business . . but for how long - yeah?

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2003, 12:34 PM   #2
Major Player

Glad you are back on track Grazie!

Hope all is well with your re-vamped Cam, no idea about the part numbers by the way.

Let me know if you have any more comments on those Presets and the W/B settings we discussed by phone/email.
Old December 9th, 2003, 12:50 PM   #3
Old Boot

Hiyah Al!

Oh yes!! - Forgot 'bout that one . . . . I've just been playing around getting the new pc to handle the XM2 on capture thru' Vegas . . works like a dreeeam.

Grazie
Old December 10th, 2003, 11:19 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Congratulations, Grazie.
So everything is back in shape!
Have you been able to work out with dv.com to locate the threads you posted around?
Colin Sze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 12:14 PM   #5
Old Boot

Hiyah Colin! Quick answer . . NO! - Have searched hereabouts . . nothing . . thanks for your concern.

Grazie
Old December 11th, 2003, 09:41 AM   #6
Major Player

Grazie:

Was your XM2 under the original Canon warranty or was the repair completed under an extended warranty?

I neglected to mention that Mack sent my GL2 to Canon for the repair. I'll have to update that thread.

Will
Will Fastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2003, 09:46 AM   #7
Old Boot

Hah! 3 weeks left on Canon Warranty! - Phhhew . .

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders