View Full Version : Has anyone tried to order from smallHD today? 7/01/09

Matthew Hurley
July 1st, 2009, 09:49 AM
I receive an email from smallHD saying that today 7/1/09 @ 9:00 a.m eastern standard time, their online story would be open.

Was wondering if i am missing something. I went to their site, yet could not place an order. Has anyone else tried to make a purchase from them today? (7/01/09)

Andrew Stone
July 1st, 2009, 10:45 AM
Their phone number is at the bottom of their webpage. Give them a shout is my suggestion.

EDIT:

I just checked their news release. The start time for ordering is 9 pm EDT not 9 am.

Matthew Hurley
July 1st, 2009, 11:21 AM
UPDATE. Due to my inability to READ, lol, the smallHD online store will open tonight @ 9:00 P.M. Not a.m.

How on earth i misunderstood the posted time is beyond me. Maybe this is why i am getting one of these fine monitors. Old eyes are getting old.

On another note, the fine people @ smallHD returned my telephone inquires and explained that yes matt, you did misread the opening time.

Can,t wait to receive this product.

Andrew Hollister
July 1st, 2009, 12:58 PM
@Matt -- I can tell you this much... whether you can read or not, the SmallHD is a great little monitor. Lucky for you, you'll get it with the new firmware, while I'll have to update.

I can't remember to clearly, but I think you and I worked on the same project a few hundred years ago... (carpet company) for The Wow Factory in (city name)

Tom Daigon
July 1st, 2009, 08:59 PM
The DP1 went on sale at 9PM EST from smallHD.com. Soon it will be integrated into
my 5D Glidecam X-10 Stabilizing rig. The the testing of HDMI vs Composite signals
and the evaluation of how best to snake either cable down the center post will ensue.

Paul Mailath
July 1st, 2009, 09:29 PM
I ordered mine - you should take a look at Lenny's Video log on the site - a bit technical but very informative!!!

Trevor Meeks
July 5th, 2009, 03:51 AM
I ordered mine - you should take a look at Lenny's Video log on the site - a bit technical but very informative!!!

LOL yeah, I can't wait to see the other videos they put out. Their original (previous proposed version) SmallHD video was so hilarious, I watched it like three times a week just for the laughs!

Peter Rixner
July 11th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Hi Trevor,

Is that mentioned "old" or "original" video anywhere to find ?

BTW:
I finally ordered my dp1 :) And yes, original batteries as well.

So I sit ... and wait ... and look at the UPS trackingsite ...

So something to laugh would be very welcome.

Thanks!

Peter