Has anyone tried to order from smallHD today? 7/01/09 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old July 1st, 2009, 09:49 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Has anyone tried to order from smallHD today? 7/01/09

I receive an email from smallHD saying that today 7/1/09 @ 9:00 a.m eastern standard time, their online story would be open.

Was wondering if i am missing something. I went to their site, yet could not place an order. Has anyone else tried to make a purchase from them today? (7/01/09)
Matthew Hurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 10:45 AM   #2
Major Player

Their phone number is at the bottom of their webpage. Give them a shout is my suggestion.

EDIT:

I just checked their news release. The start time for ordering is 9 pm EDT not 9 am.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 11:21 AM   #3
Regular Crew

UPDATE. Due to my inability to READ, lol, the smallHD online store will open tonight @ 9:00 P.M. Not a.m.

How on earth i misunderstood the posted time is beyond me. Maybe this is why i am getting one of these fine monitors. Old eyes are getting old.

On another note, the fine people @ smallHD returned my telephone inquires and explained that yes matt, you did misread the opening time.

Can,t wait to receive this product.
Matthew Hurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 12:58 PM   #4
Regular Crew

@Matt -- I can tell you this much... whether you can read or not, the SmallHD is a great little monitor. Lucky for you, you'll get it with the new firmware, while I'll have to update.

I can't remember to clearly, but I think you and I worked on the same project a few hundred years ago... (carpet company) for The Wow Factory in (city name)
Old July 1st, 2009, 08:59 PM   #5
Regular Crew

The DP1 went on sale at 9PM EST from smallHD.com. Soon it will be integrated into
my 5D Glidecam X-10 Stabilizing rig. The the testing of HDMI vs Composite signals
and the evaluation of how best to snake either cable down the center post will ensue.
Tom Daigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 09:29 PM   #6
Trustee

I ordered mine - you should take a look at Lenny's Video log on the site - a bit technical but very informative!!!
Old July 5th, 2009, 03:51 AM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mailath View Post
I ordered mine - you should take a look at Lenny's Video log on the site - a bit technical but very informative!!!
LOL yeah, I can't wait to see the other videos they put out. Their original (previous proposed version) SmallHD video was so hilarious, I watched it like three times a week just for the laughs!
Trevor Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 12:32 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Hi Trevor,

Is that mentioned "old" or "original" video anywhere to find ?

BTW:
I finally ordered my dp1 :) And yes, original batteries as well.

So I sit ... and wait ... and look at the UPS trackingsite ...

So something to laugh would be very welcome.

Thanks!

Peter
Peter Rixner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software