View Full Version : Loose hot shoe

Dan Lukehart
July 16th, 2009, 02:41 AM
My ex1 has a loose hot shoe. It wobbles around a little bit and when the shotgun is attached it picks up some of the movement. The camera does not feel solid when there are parts moving around in that manner as well. How would I go about fixing this?

Johannes Meyer
July 16th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Hello Dan,

maybe you can post a image from the broken shoe.

greez

Alastair Traill
July 16th, 2009, 06:05 AM
If the accessory shoe is the same as that on the EX3 you will find that if you remove the shiny metal spring section that there four small screws underneath. Make sure these are tight. The shiny metal part should slip out if you press down on its rear edge and push forward at the same time. When refitting press down on its front edge as you push it back. It you do not press the front edge down the piece will slide in too far and the shoe will not accept your microphone. In that case remove and refit.

Dan Lukehart
July 16th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks Alastair! At first i didnt see how the silver plate could be removed but your post got me on the right track. Sometimes you dont want to go pulling and pushing on stuff if your not sure if its going to come out, or if your going to end up breaking it.

On the ex1 i had to pry up the rear part with a small screwdriver and it came right out.

Thanks.