Loose hot shoe at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 16th, 2009, 02:41 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Loose hot shoe

My ex1 has a loose hot shoe. It wobbles around a little bit and when the shotgun is attached it picks up some of the movement. The camera does not feel solid when there are parts moving around in that manner as well. How would I go about fixing this?
Dan Lukehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 03:04 AM   #2
New Boot

Hello Dan,

maybe you can post a image from the broken shoe.

greez
Old July 16th, 2009, 06:05 AM   #3
Major Player

If the accessory shoe is the same as that on the EX3 you will find that if you remove the shiny metal spring section that there four small screws underneath. Make sure these are tight. The shiny metal part should slip out if you press down on its rear edge and push forward at the same time. When refitting press down on its front edge as you push it back. It you do not press the front edge down the piece will slide in too far and the shoe will not accept your microphone. In that case remove and refit.
Alastair Traill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Alastair! At first i didnt see how the silver plate could be removed but your post got me on the right track. Sometimes you dont want to go pulling and pushing on stuff if your not sure if its going to come out, or if your going to end up breaking it.

On the ex1 i had to pry up the rear part with a small screwdriver and it came right out.

Thanks.
Dan Lukehart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds