Ex1 and Final Cut Pro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 16th, 2009, 11:25 AM   #1
Major Player

Ex1 and Final Cut Pro

Hey everyone! I hope my questions aren't that lame. I tried to find all the answers, but looks like things have changed for working with EX footage and final cut.

I have FCP 6.0.6 and the most recent Transfer Utility and Clip Browser. I see videos of people working with the footage and they have XDCAM EX setups in the Easy Setup menu. I don't have any of those for 720p. Am I missing drivers? I don't see where to get them on the Sony site.

Any ideas? I don't have the camera, but coppied the files from the SxS card on my laptop. I imported the footage through the transfer utility in FCP, but still have that issue with no presets in the Easy Setup.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by David Chapman; July 16th, 2009 at 12:32 PM.
David Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 12:31 PM   #2
Major Player

A little bit more...

I installed the SxS driver to read the card: XDCAM EX SXS CARD DRIVER 1.0.3

I installed the Transfer plugin for FCP: XDCAM XFER V2.90 DISCWRITEBACK

I installed the updated Clip Browser: XDCAM EX CLIP BROWSER V2.50

I was already updated with Final Cut Pro 6.0.6. Did I miss something else? Should I be seeing those XDCAM EX setups in the Easy Setup?

Thanks.
Old July 16th, 2009, 12:35 PM   #3
Trustee

I did a quick search of this forum and found your answer (other people, including myself, have solved this issue before)

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/1023968-post8.html
Old July 16th, 2009, 12:42 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks, yeah I had just found those too, but had to do a search to see where to copy them to.

When I start up FCP now, I get a message for "Installed Components" that says something is missing.

"XDCAM Drive Software"

"The XDCAM Drive file system driver from Sony is required to write to a PDW-U1 XDCAM Drive connected via USD interface. This driver is part of the XDCAM Drive Software which is a free download from Sony..."

I see a ton of drivers for XDCAM HD 4:2:2 cams and decks, but don't know which one this is talking about. All the other items in the list are checked green except for that one. I did find a "firmware" update for the PDW-U1 that I can download. Do you think it's just looking for the drive that I don't have?
Old July 16th, 2009, 12:48 PM   #5
New Boot

hi ,

here is a direct link to download the 888kb file http://www.sony.ca/promedia/files/Sx...r_v1034300.dmg

try to install driver again .

the attached file show what's happen when you import from fcp with xdcam transfert .

if it doesn't work , try to repair your system disk'authorization with disk utility .

bon courage !
Attached Thumbnails
Ex1 and Final Cut Pro-sxs-driver.jpg  
Old July 16th, 2009, 12:55 PM   #6
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Chapman View Post

When I start up FCP now, I get a message for "Installed Components" that says something is missing.

"XDCAM Drive Software"

Do you think it's just looking for the drive that I don't have?

I think that you are right , no drive = no driver loaded

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds