View Full Version : GS400 Manual

Jesse Bekas
June 10th, 2004, 01:03 PM
http://www.dvfreak.com/pana_mx5.htm

http://www.dvfreak.com/gs4001.pdf

DvFreak's got the manual

Tavis Shaver
June 10th, 2004, 08:28 PM
the one .pdf that's a brochure is fake, all the pics are of the gs100.

Jesse Bekas
June 10th, 2004, 10:18 PM
My bad. I hadn't examined it too closely before I posted the link. I wonder how many others got tricked...

Tavis Shaver
June 10th, 2004, 11:26 PM
it's wierd cause it's unlike Frank to post something that is fake, i wonder if he got duped too.

Patricia Kim
June 10th, 2004, 11:43 PM
Tavis, there was never a real English-language manual for the gs100, since it was only sold in Japan. I don't think this manual is a fake - take a closer look at the buttons, etc. Different configuration than the gs100.

Jesse Bekas
June 10th, 2004, 11:50 PM
I didn't think of the fact that a gs100 manual probably wouldn't be printed in English. On top of that this manual matches older Pana manuals, and would take a lot of effort to fake so well. So it is real?

Patricia Kim
June 11th, 2004, 12:47 AM
Jesse, I think it's real, but please note that it's for a PAL model. No info yet on the NTSC configuration, assuming there it one. Also no confirmation that any NTSC model will be the same in the Japanese and overseas versions. (MX5000 and the PV-DV 953 are not exactly the same).

Tavis Shaver
June 11th, 2004, 01:47 AM
it's not the manual i'm referring to, it's the brochure pdf. You cna tell it's the gs100 because it says 3.1 megapixel on the camera and GS100. The manual looks legit to me.

Allan Rejoso
June 11th, 2004, 01:50 AM
First thing I checked once I opened the pdf file are the explanations and illustrations for the NEW direct dial mode which the GS400 claims to have (as part of the new universal cam design of Panasonic) but definitely not shown in the 2-page brochure that Frank posted earlier (the one that used pictures of the Jap silver GS100). I also took note of the presence of the NEW cross-layout control buttons under the LCD panel and the power LCD button.

The manual looks real to me.

Well, even if we assume it's not real, that manual covers all relevant operations of a "usual" Pany consumer cam and I'm sure its going to be useful for the GS400 and even for present owners of the GS100 :-))

Patricia Kim
June 11th, 2004, 03:00 AM
Tavis, sorry I misunderstood. Yes, the brochure shows the gs100. I pointed that out to Frank earlier. I don't think that was a fake either, though - Frank said it's what he received from Panasonic. Probably the usual mock-up in preparation for the real thing - always hoping there will be a real thing. The assumption seems to be that 16:9 on the gs400 will be as good as Tommy says it is on the PDX-10. Here's hoping there's no vertical smear problem as on the Sony.