GS400 Manual at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old June 10th, 2004, 01:03 PM   #1
Major Player

GS400 Manual

http://www.dvfreak.com/pana_mx5.htm

http://www.dvfreak.com/gs4001.pdf

DvFreak's got the manual
Jesse Bekas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2004, 08:28 PM   #2
Major Player

the one .pdf that's a brochure is fake, all the pics are of the gs100.
Tavis Shaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2004, 10:18 PM   #3
Major Player

My bad. I hadn't examined it too closely before I posted the link. I wonder how many others got tricked...
Old June 10th, 2004, 11:26 PM   #4
Major Player

it's wierd cause it's unlike Frank to post something that is fake, i wonder if he got duped too.
Old June 10th, 2004, 11:43 PM   #5
Major Player

Tavis, there was never a real English-language manual for the gs100, since it was only sold in Japan. I don't think this manual is a fake - take a closer look at the buttons, etc. Different configuration than the gs100.
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2004, 11:50 PM   #6
Major Player

I didn't think of the fact that a gs100 manual probably wouldn't be printed in English. On top of that this manual matches older Pana manuals, and would take a lot of effort to fake so well. So it is real?
Old June 11th, 2004, 12:47 AM   #7
Major Player

Jesse, I think it's real, but please note that it's for a PAL model. No info yet on the NTSC configuration, assuming there it one. Also no confirmation that any NTSC model will be the same in the Japanese and overseas versions. (MX5000 and the PV-DV 953 are not exactly the same).
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2004, 01:47 AM   #8
Major Player

it's not the manual i'm referring to, it's the brochure pdf. You cna tell it's the gs100 because it says 3.1 megapixel on the camera and GS100. The manual looks legit to me.
Old June 11th, 2004, 01:50 AM   #9
Major Player

First thing I checked once I opened the pdf file are the explanations and illustrations for the NEW direct dial mode which the GS400 claims to have (as part of the new universal cam design of Panasonic) but definitely not shown in the 2-page brochure that Frank posted earlier (the one that used pictures of the Jap silver GS100). I also took note of the presence of the NEW cross-layout control buttons under the LCD panel and the power LCD button.

The manual looks real to me.

Well, even if we assume it's not real, that manual covers all relevant operations of a "usual" Pany consumer cam and I'm sure its going to be useful for the GS400 and even for present owners of the GS100 :-))
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2004, 03:00 AM   #10
Major Player

Tavis, sorry I misunderstood. Yes, the brochure shows the gs100. I pointed that out to Frank earlier. I don't think that was a fake either, though - Frank said it's what he received from Panasonic. Probably the usual mock-up in preparation for the real thing - always hoping there will be a real thing. The assumption seems to be that 16:9 on the gs400 will be as good as Tommy says it is on the PDX-10. Here's hoping there's no vertical smear problem as on the Sony.
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant