View Full Version : XM2 Sennheiser for Radio Mics?

Graham Bernard
September 5th, 2002, 04:06 AM
I’m planning to make training videos for a local authority, here in the UK. As you can imagine audio quality will be uppermost in my mind, when presenting my final product to the client. After experimenting with audio I realise that the way to go is to have dedicated wireless mics for the subjects to wear.

Okay, presently, as part of my potential XM2 purchase, I am being quoted £175GBp per each Sennheiser EW112P radio mic with transmitter and receiver. This makes a total of £350GBp for 2 mics. Is this a realistic price? I have been offered a discount on the XM2, which somewhat sweetens the total purchase price “pill”.

Your thoughts on both my audio approach for the XM2 and the quoted price for the lapel mics would be gratefully received.

G

Nathan Gifford
September 5th, 2002, 06:55 AM
I'm not sure what the exchange rate is between GBr and the USA but Ew112p goes for a little under $450 USD.

P.S. I love the Ew112p...

Graham Bernard
September 5th, 2002, 07:15 AM
Nathan, is the price you say for ONE system - ie one mic with its transmitter and reciever? Don't worry about the conv. £:$ I'll do that.

How's the clarity, quality and connectivity?

G

Barry Goyette
September 6th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Grazie

I have the sennheiser ENG setup (I forget the model #...evolution 100 series)which comes with a camera mountable receiver, Lav mic transmitter, and a second plug-on transmitter with xlr connector. It sells here for about $460.

Sound quality is excellent...as good as hard wired to my ear. Range is as good as advertised, with dropouts only occuring at limits of range. Construction of the unit is first rate. heavy duty metal casings. I'm extremely pleased with it.

Barry

Nathan Gifford
September 6th, 2002, 04:58 PM
Yes, that is $450 for lav, xmitter, and receiver.