XM2 Sennheiser for Radio Mics? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old September 5th, 2002, 04:06 AM   #1
Old Boot

XM2 Sennheiser for Radio Mics?

I’m planning to make training videos for a local authority, here in the UK. As you can imagine audio quality will be uppermost in my mind, when presenting my final product to the client. After experimenting with audio I realise that the way to go is to have dedicated wireless mics for the subjects to wear.

Okay, presently, as part of my potential XM2 purchase, I am being quoted £175GBp per each Sennheiser EW112P radio mic with transmitter and receiver. This makes a total of £350GBp for 2 mics. Is this a realistic price? I have been offered a discount on the XM2, which somewhat sweetens the total purchase price “pill”.

Your thoughts on both my audio approach for the XM2 and the quoted price for the lapel mics would be gratefully received.

G
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2002, 06:55 AM   #2
Wrangler

I'm not sure what the exchange rate is between GBr and the USA but Ew112p goes for a little under $450 USD.

P.S. I love the Ew112p...

For quick answers try our Search!
To see me and Rob Lohman click here
Nathan Gifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2002, 07:15 AM   #3
Old Boot

Nathan, is the price you say for ONE system - ie one mic with its transmitter and reciever? Don't worry about the conv. £:$ I'll do that.

How's the clarity, quality and connectivity?

G
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2002, 07:43 AM   #4
Trustee

Grazie

I have the sennheiser ENG setup (I forget the model #...evolution 100 series)which comes with a camera mountable receiver, Lav mic transmitter, and a second plug-on transmitter with xlr connector. It sells here for about $460.

Sound quality is excellent...as good as hard wired to my ear. Range is as good as advertised, with dropouts only occuring at limits of range. Construction of the unit is first rate. heavy duty metal casings. I'm extremely pleased with it.

Barry
Barry Goyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2002, 04:58 PM   #5
Wrangler

Yes, that is $450 for lav, xmitter, and receiver.

For quick answers try our Search!
To see me and Rob Lohman click here
Nathan Gifford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders