View Full Version : A Highlights Vignette to share...

Glen Elliott
February 25th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Here's my most recent Highlights Vignette- finished last night...

http://home.comcast.net/~g.elliott3//ManestrinaHighlights.wmv

Charley Gallagher
February 25th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Wow! That has to be the best highlights you have done to date. So s m o o t h and touching. Very classy. Just love the two shots where the couple is kissing and the sun comes through, particularly at the end.

Michael Rodo
February 26th, 2005, 07:36 AM
I want to assemble a highlight video from my upcoming wedding. What speed do you use in the slow motion sections of your video? (or does it vary from different shots) Also, what effects do you use? blurs, glows,... ? It is a great video ....

Robin Davies-Rollinson
February 26th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Glen,
I had shivers down my spine watching your film - what more can I say...

Maestro!!!...

Robin

Glen Elliott
February 26th, 2005, 09:13 AM
<<<-- Originally posted by Charley Gallagher : Wow! That has to be the best highlights you have done to date. So s m o o t h and touching. Very classy. Just love the two shots where the couple is kissing and the sun comes through, particularly at the end. -->>>

Wow- thank you so much Charley. I'm so close to the work I never know WHAT to think of it till months later honestly. It was my girlfriend's favorite too. I wasn't as impressed with it initially, mainly because it didn't have many "dramatic" shots we try to get. I felt I might have used too many "money shots" in the bulk of the program leaving me a bit dry for clips to use in the vignette. I instead tried to focus on the story telling aspect and getting emotional shots from peoples faces rather than fancy camera moves.

Glen Elliott
February 26th, 2005, 09:15 AM
<<<-- Originally posted by Michael Rodo : I want to assemble a highlight video from my upcoming wedding. What speed do you use in the slow motion sections of your video? (or does it vary from different shots) Also, what effects do you use? blurs, glows,... ? It is a great video .... -->>>

The speed varies because I use the ctrl+drag method in Vegas to alter the speed of the clips. The average really slow motion is 25%, and incidently the furthest ctrl+drag will allow. Some clips are a bit faster and some are even slower.

The only fx filters I use are a combination of "levels", "color corrector", and "glow".

Glen Elliott
February 26th, 2005, 09:16 AM
<<<-- Originally posted by Robin Davies-Rollinson : Glen,
I had shivers down my spine watching your film - what more can I say...

Maestro!!!...

Robin -->>>

What can I say- that's quite a generous compliment. Thank you kindly.

Ram Purad
February 26th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Great work Glen... that was a wonderful hilight video...

the color looks so "rich" in the video.... is that directly from ur camera or u did some color correction in post?

Also great choice of music.... would u mind telling me where can I get royalty free mucis like that on web?

this might be a stupid question... but do u put this hilight in the very beginning or the end of the wedding video? I'm gussing this comes in very end.... of that's the case then what do u show to start the video....same kind of hilight reel with titles?

Again, keep up the good work and keep posting ur materpieces... ur works r inspirational to rookie videographers like myself.

Kim Kinser
February 27th, 2005, 09:15 AM
wow. maybe i should get married again and have you do the wedding.

are your zooms done in camera or in post?

Glen Elliott
February 27th, 2005, 10:26 AM
<<<-- Originally posted by Ram Purad : Great work Glen... that was a wonderful hilight video...

the color looks so "rich" in the video.... is that directly from ur camera or u did some color correction in post?

Also great choice of music.... would u mind telling me where can I get royalty free mucis like that on web?

this might be a stupid question... but do u put this hilight in the very beginning or the end of the wedding video? I'm gussing this comes in very end.... of that's the case then what do u show to start the video....same kind of hilight reel with titles?

Again, keep up the good work and keep posting ur materpieces... ur works r inspirational to rookie videographers like myself. -->>>

I have a 3-stage process I use which requires the use of "levels", "color corrector", and "glow" to create the look.

This piece is at the end of the video- "highlighting" the entire day in one recap.

Thank you for the kind words.

Glen Elliott
February 27th, 2005, 10:27 AM
<<<-- Originally posted by Kim Kinser : wow. maybe i should get married again and have you do the wedding.

are your zooms done in camera or in post? -->>>

Kim, how are you. Zooms were in post via the pan/crop tool (Vegas).

Sooo...when you going to make it out to the GPVA?!

Jamie Walker
March 4th, 2005, 04:09 PM
You must have taken the link down...it doesn't work anymore. :(

Glen Elliott
March 6th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Yeah I took it down to host another clip for the time being.

Chris Agner
March 10th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Glen, are you gonna put back up the latest highlights video you posted a few days back? I have yet to view it.

Thanks, Chris A

Glen Elliott
March 10th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Chris- yeah I'll take my credits clip down and re-upload this for both DVinfo and VU. Shoot me an email to remind me.

Harry Lender
March 15th, 2005, 07:31 PM
I click on the link and it comes back Page URL Not Found!!
Would love to see it.

Harry

Glen Elliott
March 15th, 2005, 09:39 PM
I meant to re-upload it...here- I go ahead and do it now. I'll post another message when it's back up.

Glen Elliott
March 15th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Ok- it's back online, and should be till I delve into my next project and have something I have to show. Might be a few weeks though...I just finished capturing the footage for my next wedding project tonight.

Jeff Boeckman
March 16th, 2005, 08:31 PM
I don't know a thing about shooting weddings but all I have to say is "Wow" that was very impressionable. As you can see I am a newbie so I am just lurking this site to get inspiration and that certainly has given me it.
Nice
Late
jb

Chrissy Perkins
March 31st, 2005, 01:01 PM
Glen,

What a delightful viewing experience! I am wondering if you could tell me what that song is called?

Thanks,
-C