A Highlights Vignette to share... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 25th, 2005, 04:11 PM   #1
Wrangler

A Highlights Vignette to share...

Here's my most recent Highlights Vignette- finished last night...

http://home.comcast.net/~g.elliott3/...Highlights.wmv
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2005, 08:47 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Wow! That has to be the best highlights you have done to date. So s m o o t h and touching. Very classy. Just love the two shots where the couple is kissing and the sun comes through, particularly at the end.
Charley Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2005, 07:36 AM   #3
New Boot

I want to assemble a highlight video from my upcoming wedding. What speed do you use in the slow motion sections of your video? (or does it vary from different shots) Also, what effects do you use? blurs, glows,... ? It is a great video ....
Michael Rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2005, 07:41 AM   #4
Trustee

Glen,
I had shivers down my spine watching your film - what more can I say...

Maestro!!!...

Robin
Robin Davies-Rollinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2005, 09:13 AM   #5
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Charley Gallagher : Wow! That has to be the best highlights you have done to date. So s m o o t h and touching. Very classy. Just love the two shots where the couple is kissing and the sun comes through, particularly at the end. -->>>

Wow- thank you so much Charley. I'm so close to the work I never know WHAT to think of it till months later honestly. It was my girlfriend's favorite too. I wasn't as impressed with it initially, mainly because it didn't have many "dramatic" shots we try to get. I felt I might have used too many "money shots" in the bulk of the program leaving me a bit dry for clips to use in the vignette. I instead tried to focus on the story telling aspect and getting emotional shots from peoples faces rather than fancy camera moves.
Old February 26th, 2005, 09:15 AM   #6
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Michael Rodo : I want to assemble a highlight video from my upcoming wedding. What speed do you use in the slow motion sections of your video? (or does it vary from different shots) Also, what effects do you use? blurs, glows,... ? It is a great video .... -->>>

The speed varies because I use the ctrl+drag method in Vegas to alter the speed of the clips. The average really slow motion is 25%, and incidently the furthest ctrl+drag will allow. Some clips are a bit faster and some are even slower.

The only fx filters I use are a combination of "levels", "color corrector", and "glow".
Old February 26th, 2005, 09:16 AM   #7
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Robin Davies-Rollinson : Glen,
I had shivers down my spine watching your film - what more can I say...

Maestro!!!...

Robin -->>>

What can I say- that's quite a generous compliment. Thank you kindly.
Old February 26th, 2005, 05:01 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Great work Glen... that was a wonderful hilight video...

the color looks so "rich" in the video.... is that directly from ur camera or u did some color correction in post?

Also great choice of music.... would u mind telling me where can I get royalty free mucis like that on web?

this might be a stupid question... but do u put this hilight in the very beginning or the end of the wedding video? I'm gussing this comes in very end.... of that's the case then what do u show to start the video....same kind of hilight reel with titles?

Again, keep up the good work and keep posting ur materpieces... ur works r inspirational to rookie videographers like myself.
Old February 27th, 2005, 09:15 AM   #9
Regular Crew

wow. maybe i should get married again and have you do the wedding.

are your zooms done in camera or in post?
Kim Kinser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2005, 10:26 AM   #10
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Ram Purad : Great work Glen... that was a wonderful hilight video...

the color looks so "rich" in the video.... is that directly from ur camera or u did some color correction in post?

Also great choice of music.... would u mind telling me where can I get royalty free mucis like that on web?

this might be a stupid question... but do u put this hilight in the very beginning or the end of the wedding video? I'm gussing this comes in very end.... of that's the case then what do u show to start the video....same kind of hilight reel with titles?

Again, keep up the good work and keep posting ur materpieces... ur works r inspirational to rookie videographers like myself. -->>>

I have a 3-stage process I use which requires the use of "levels", "color corrector", and "glow" to create the look.

This piece is at the end of the video- "highlighting" the entire day in one recap.

Thank you for the kind words.
Old February 27th, 2005, 10:27 AM   #11
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Kim Kinser : wow. maybe i should get married again and have you do the wedding.

are your zooms done in camera or in post? -->>>

Kim, how are you. Zooms were in post via the pan/crop tool (Vegas).

Sooo...when you going to make it out to the GPVA?!
Old March 4th, 2005, 04:09 PM   #12
New Boot

You must have taken the link down...it doesn't work anymore. :(
Jamie Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2005, 03:46 PM   #13
Wrangler

Yeah I took it down to host another clip for the time being.
Old March 10th, 2005, 07:07 AM   #14
New Boot

LAtest Highlights video?

Glen, are you gonna put back up the latest highlights video you posted a few days back? I have yet to view it.

Thanks, Chris A
Chris Agner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2005, 10:44 AM   #15
Wrangler

Chris- yeah I'll take my credits clip down and re-upload this for both DVinfo and VU. Shoot me an email to remind me.
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques