View Full Version : For the High School Football Fans

Aaron J. Yates
October 26th, 2009, 10:27 AM
This is a video I made at the end of last school year for the team to watch at the beginning of this football season. As a little background, last year our team went really deep into the playoffs; only one game away from the state championship. A bunch of guys graduated and everyone pretty much wrote off the team this year saying they wouldn't be any good. Well, now we're playing for the district championship this Friday.

One of the players emailed me this week to find out where he could watch this particular video. He said when they saw it this year, it brought tears to their eyes. That's about the best compliment a video maker can get, IMHO.

Just wanted to let you guys see it and let me know what you think. It was based on a video that was made for LSU a couple years ago.

Tivy Ali Requiem Inspiration on Vimeo

Stephen J. Williams
October 26th, 2009, 02:07 PM
aaron...

Cool video.. anything with that song in it is going to be dramatic. I'm sure the team and their family really enjoyed it.

Steve

Paul Kellett
October 27th, 2009, 02:57 PM
What is the song ?

Paul.

Terry Esslinger
October 31st, 2009, 03:36 PM
This is a really well edited short film. I can see how it would be inspirational. I did a year end video for a pop-warner type football team last year that won the Sacramento Regional Championship (9 and 10 year olds) and managed to bring tears to the eyes of the parents at the end. It warms the cockles of the heart. It was not nearly as 'professionally done' as yours but it was staisfying.