View Full Version : Do you add deleted scenes?

Kelly Langerak
January 24th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Do any of you add deleted scenes? Essentially, every clip that is ok but you didn't put in the final edit and add it as a chapter? Do you charge for this and what do you charge?

Stephen J. Williams
January 24th, 2010, 09:40 PM
I throw in deleted scenes and my clients seem to like it. It's a good way to keep the main highlight video smooth flowing. I include into a package price without a set number of scenes. I have wished that I charged extra for it at times when brides get picky.
Steve

Travis Cossel
January 24th, 2010, 10:01 PM
We include deleted scenes with most of our packages, but we also do not offer it as an add-on. So you have to choose a package with deleted scenes. It's good for drawing couples to a higher package.

Kelly Langerak
January 24th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Is the footage edited or stylized at all and do you use music or is it just all the raw w/audio?

Chris Harding
January 24th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Hi Kelly

If a couple want a complete ceremony (the ones that run 40mins +++) I usually offer a "shortened" ceremony of around 20 minutes and then also offer the full ceremony. Both are naturally edited fully. It probably not a good idea to ever offer "raw footage" because the couple will more than likely view any "wobbly bits" as poor camera work!!!

The average concentration time of a human is 20 minutes or less so I do prefer making the shortened version part of the main DVD and a full version an optional extra (usually on it's own DVD) I also do a highlite version which is essentially bridal entrance and vows/rings and it finishes with the kiss and I also put that one on-line for them so overseas vistors can have a quick look!

Chris