Do you add deleted scenes? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 24th, 2010, 09:26 PM   #1
Major Player

Do you add deleted scenes?

Do any of you add deleted scenes? Essentially, every clip that is ok but you didn't put in the final edit and add it as a chapter? Do you charge for this and what do you charge?
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #2
Major Player

I throw in deleted scenes and my clients seem to like it. It's a good way to keep the main highlight video smooth flowing. I include into a package price without a set number of scenes. I have wished that I charged extra for it at times when brides get picky.
Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:01 PM   #3
Inner Circle

We include deleted scenes with most of our packages, but we also do not offer it as an add-on. So you have to choose a package with deleted scenes. It's good for drawing couples to a higher package.
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:21 PM   #4
Major Player

Is the footage edited or stylized at all and do you use music or is it just all the raw w/audio?
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:54 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Hi Kelly

If a couple want a complete ceremony (the ones that run 40mins +++) I usually offer a "shortened" ceremony of around 20 minutes and then also offer the full ceremony. Both are naturally edited fully. It probably not a good idea to ever offer "raw footage" because the couple will more than likely view any "wobbly bits" as poor camera work!!!

The average concentration time of a human is 20 minutes or less so I do prefer making the shortened version part of the main DVD and a full version an optional extra (usually on it's own DVD) I also do a highlite version which is essentially bridal entrance and vows/rings and it finishes with the kiss and I also put that one on-line for them so overseas vistors can have a quick look!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques