View Full Version : Affordable batteries..?

Peer Landa
February 24th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I wonder if there're any affordable LP-E6 batteries out there, non-OEM etc., that will behave as the real thing (i.e., displaying its battery info and can be used in Canon's charger).

-- peer

Jonathan Bufkin
February 26th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I'm not sure what type of shooting you do but for me the off brand batteries have done just fine even without battery indication. At $12 per battery (with charger), I just switch them out every time I think about it. That's just my opinion on the off brand.

David W. Taylor
February 26th, 2010, 11:58 AM
If you have a 'battery grip', like the cheap Chinese one I have, that takes two batteries, then mixing one Canon with one OEM gives a relaible reading of the total battery life ie it tells you about both.

Peer Landa
February 26th, 2010, 05:14 PM
If you have a 'battery grip', like the cheap Chinese one I have, that takes two batteries, then mixing one Canon with one OEM gives a relaible reading of the total battery life ie it tells you about both.

That's exactly what I'm doing, but I need more Canon LP-E6 to pair up with the cheapies.

-- peer

Louis Maddalena
February 27th, 2010, 12:14 AM
I'm not sure what type of shooting you do but for me the off brand batteries have done just fine even without battery indication. At $12 per battery (with charger), I just switch them out every time I think about it. That's just my opinion on the off brand.

Have a link to the off brand battery you prefer?