Affordable batteries..? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old February 24th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #1
Major Player

Affordable batteries..?

I wonder if there're any affordable LP-E6 batteries out there, non-OEM etc., that will behave as the real thing (i.e., displaying its battery info and can be used in Canon's charger).

-- peer
Old February 26th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #2
Major Player

I'm not sure what type of shooting you do but for me the off brand batteries have done just fine even without battery indication. At $12 per battery (with charger), I just switch them out every time I think about it. That's just my opinion on the off brand.
Old February 26th, 2010, 11:58 AM   #3
Regular Crew

If you have a 'battery grip', like the cheap Chinese one I have, that takes two batteries, then mixing one Canon with one OEM gives a relaible reading of the total battery life ie it tells you about both.
David W. Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David W. Taylor View Post
If you have a 'battery grip', like the cheap Chinese one I have, that takes two batteries, then mixing one Canon with one OEM gives a relaible reading of the total battery life ie it tells you about both.
That's exactly what I'm doing, but I need more Canon LP-E6 to pair up with the cheapies.

-- peer
Old February 27th, 2010, 12:14 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bufkin View Post
I'm not sure what type of shooting you do but for me the off brand batteries have done just fine even without battery indication. At $12 per battery (with charger), I just switch them out every time I think about it. That's just my opinion on the off brand.
Have a link to the off brand battery you prefer?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD