5D/1D Used on Seinfeld's New Series? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old February 4th, 2010, 11:30 AM   #1
Major Player

5D/1D Used on Seinfeld's New Series?

I was at the movies last night (an AMC cinema) and was there early enough to catch their "preshow." One of the things they featured was the new Jerry Seinfeld cable show called, I think, "The Marriage Ref."
The piece they were showing was Jerry and a producer or director or someone out on a frozen lake and it APPEARED they were shooting with a couple 5D or 1D cameras. I couldn't tell which due to the nature of the quick editing and, well, the camera wasn't the focus, so to speak. But they were hitting the Record button from the same place I do, so I'd guess it was one of the above-mentioned cameras.

I don't know what roll the camera plays in the actual series, or if it was just used for that frozen lake promo.

This isn't revelation, but rather just a bit of what I thought was interesting trivia.
Matthew Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 11:31 AM   #2
Major Player

I'd like to know if that's true. However, I do know that SNL's opening title sequence is shot with 5d and 7d. Pretty sweet.
Old February 25th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #3
Tourist

I edited a version of the promo (not the one in theaters) and I can confirm that it was shot entirely on two Canon 5Ds.
Kyle Gilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 02:28 PM   #4
Major Player

Yea, and one of the cameras is even briefly seen in the clip:
YouTube - The Marriage Ref - Fishing Shack

-- peer

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD