View Full Version : why upper field first

Mitja Popovski
March 21st, 2010, 02:57 AM
i have new 2.04 firmware and in vegas my original footage has unnown field dominance, my cineform converted footage has upper field dominance. Is it canon, or vegas or cineform that is having problems. Is anyone noticeing similar isues? I have read posts about FCP, but not about cineform and vegas. After effects reads proper prograssive footage.

Richard Hunter
March 21st, 2010, 03:52 AM
The footage is progressive, but vegas seems not able to interpret this correctly. Just change the clip properties to progressive for each clip on the timeline, before rendering.

Unfortunately vegas does not allow you to change the field properties for multiple clips, so if you have a lot of shots it is quite tedious to change them all one at a time.

Richard

Daniel Browning
March 22nd, 2010, 05:58 PM
Unfortunately vegas does not allow you to change the field properties for multiple clips, so if you have a lot of shots it is quite tedious to change them all one at a time.

If I recall correctly, there is a pretty simple solution. After you import one clip, change it to progressive, then when you import the rest of the clips, they will get progressive automatically.

Otherwise, Edward Troxel wrote a Vegas script (I'm sure it's online somewhere) that changes the field order. It can be applied to all the clips at once IIRC.